I’m a “do-er”. I love checklists, and spreadsheets, and project boards.
My last few months were FULL of doing as I closed my group fitness business and launched an online exercise service.
Now that I’m traveling across Western Canada with my daughters, I’m completely out of a regular schedule. I’m not being productive. I haven’t made a to-do list in 3 weeks.
This trip is exactly what I needed.
My efforts to get things done left me little time for reflection. While traveling, I’m asking myself…
- Am I engaged in activities that fulfill me?
- Am I treating myself with love and kindness?
- Am I contributing in a meaningful way to the people most important to me?
Do you burn through your days without a thought to celebrating your impact? Your impact is made by being you. Not by doing.
Being silly with my daughters, singing Taylor Swift at the top of our lungs, driving across the prairies, is my impact right now. Bringing my 70-year-old mum along for part of the trip makes it even more meaningful.
My girls are almost 13. They’re cuddlier with me right now than they have been in years. I’m so grateful we’re on this trip. Our experiences root our connection and broaden our perspective.
When we pursue happiness, success follows.
And you don’t have to take an epic trip to pursue happiness!
Here are some ways you can pursue happiness now…
- Do something for yourself in the morning.
- Move your body with intention.
- Prioritize activities that are aligned with your goal or purpose.
- Express gratitude.
- Recognize someone for their awesomeness.
All that matters is who we help. I hope this post helps you in some way today.