Great flexible job with an amazing non-profit organization that supports moms!
The Metro Mothers Network is a volunteer-based not-for-profit, registered charity committed to providing opportunities for mothers to meet in a mutually supportive peer group setting. Our mission is to promote the emotional, mental and physical well being of approximately 400 group members across Metro Toronto. See our website www.mumnet.ca for further descriptions of our work and programs.
Our Office Manager position has become available. This position is an ideal opportunity for one of our current members or alumni to become more involved with MumNet and can be done with a flexible schedule. The successful candidate will have the chance to make a positive impact on the organization while connecting with some terrific Toronto women.
We require an Office Manager with effective communication and computer skills, the ability to manage our member database and work independently out of their own home. This individual will carry out responsibilities from home, 16 hours per week, 42 weeks per year. Remuneration will be discussed with candidates receiving interviews. Interested applicants must have a home computer and internet access.
Responsibilities to the Metro Mothers Network include, but are not limited to:
- Primary administrative support to Executive Director, Fitness Manager and Childcare Manager to ensure smooth execution of policies and operations
- Retrieval and efficient dissemination of community calls from the MumNet Info-line and website messages daily
- Manage the centralized waiting list for all MumNet groups. Interface with MumNet group leaders to provide them with new member information and seek feedback as needed
- Ensure office and leader information on the MumNet website is kept up-to-date
- Organize and distribute administration materials each term (Registration packages, training documents etc)
- Prepare, update and distribute all organizational lists (leaders, admin reps, key contacts) in timely manner and post to website
- Provide effective communications to leaders/members on MumNet business
- Liaise with Board members, leaders and admin reps as required for term statistics, workshops and training sessions, guest speakers, member information and other events
- Update contracts for facilities, assist workshop planning teams, assist at AGM, and with fundraising initiativesas needed
- As it is developed, manage the member/alumni database
Successful applicant will have:
- Excellent customer service experience and skills
- MS office product proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn database (creating/managing/running reports) and website applications
- Skills in helping to streamline processes
- Ability to work independently from home
- Ability to prioritize, manage and respect multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience as a MumNet member and/or knowledge of the organization is an asset
Thank you for your interest.
Please send resume and cover letter by October 26th, 2012 in confidence to Executive Director Marjorie MacIsaac at email@example.com
Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.