Five moves you can do on even the busiest of days!
My clients are busy moms like you with almost zero personal time.
I’m often asked, “What are the best exercises to do when I can’t fit in a full workout?”
I’m happy to share some speedy actions you can take to improve your fitness, even when you’re juggling all the responsibilities of motherhood and beyond.
Magic Five Exercises: I recommend these moves for maximum calorie burn as they hit major muscle groups, keeping your heart rate up. Remember to always seek medical clearance before starting a new exercise program.
Wall Squat: works quads, glutes, hamstrings
- Back against wall, arms up in goal post, lower down so legs are at 90 degree angle, weight in heels.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds
- Advanced: Lift 1 foot off ground and straighten leg out (30 sec)
- Both feet on ground (30 sec)
- Lift other foot off ground (30 sec)
- Both feet on ground for final push – how long can you hold it?
Push-Ups: works chest, arms, core
- On toes, knees or even on the wall, complete as many as you can to fatigue
Lunges: works legs, butt
- Stand with one leg forward, put weight on the front foot
- Bend knees keeping front knee over the ankle
- Repeat bend and straighten for up to 15 reps – you can add a static hold in the bent position for more challenge
- Rest 30-60 sec. then complete reps on the other side
Plank: works core
- Lie on belly, place forearms on floor and lift body off the floor so you’re in a straight line from head to toe
- Keep knees on floor to make it easier
- Hold for as long as you can, aiming for 30-60 sec.
Bird Dog: works core
- On hands & knees, R arm extended + L leg extended & hold for 20 seconds. Switch sides. Repeat each side again.