This is a part-time contract position working 17.5 – 21 hours per week. This new role will be in place from January 2011 to the end of the current project on March 31, 2015. To learn more about the CPCSSN project, please visit www.cpcssn.ca.
The KT-E officer will provide expertise in the dissemination and exchange of information related to CPCSSN’s KT-Communications committee. Both the KT-C standard operating procedures and the strategic communication plan developed for the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN) will guide the KT-E officer duties on behalf of the KT-Communications committee and the CPCSSN board. The incumbent will participate in the CPCSSN KT-C committee meetings and teleconferences and will assist in the development and implementation of the CPCSSN standard operating procedures (SOPs) and protocols for the conduct of communications under the supervision of the KT-C committee and the CPCSSN operations manager. The KT-E officer will provide significant input on the tools that will be used for dissemination of the CPCSSN surveillance information to all its publics. The incumbent will advise on application of appropriate communications methods and principles.
1. Work with the CFPC IT department to manage the CPCSSN web site & other CPCSSN web based communications.
2. Work with the CFPC IT department to manage the CPCSSN SHAREPOINT web space to maintain maximum access and capabilities for CPCSSN team members and sentinel physicians as applicable.
3. Work with the CFPC communications staff in the maintenance of media clippings files and report on CPCSSN’s media exposure to the KT-C committee.
4. Undertake special projects as required by the CPCSSN KT-C co-chairs and CPCSSN Board as required, and support the KT-C committee work as required.
5. Develop and maintain all information related to updating website as approved by the KT-C committee and/or the CPCSSN operations manager.
6. Develop and maintain all information related to updating CPCSSN SHAREPOINT space access and use by all eligible CPCSSN members
7. Support all activities undertaken by the KT-C committee for CPCSSN phase III operations including: o Act as recording secretary for all KT-C meetings o Prepare and edit all associated reports mandated by the KT-C committee
8. Develop and implement a CPCSSN Communications Plan/Strategy with applicable consultants based on direction provided.
9. Manage day-to-day issues pertaining to communications, media relations, knowledge translation and knowledge exchange.
10. Support the regions in their ongoing communications with sentinel physicians (e.g. SHAREPOINT use)
11. Participate in writing and dissemination of media releases at the direction of the KT-C committee with the assistance of communication consultants, CFPC Communications Manager, and the CPCSSN manager.
12. Develop and advise on strategies to increase CPCSSN’s exposure at the national level to funding organizations, for potential sentinel physicians, researchers and other surveillance organizations.
13. Help facilitate linkages between CPCSSN and other surveillance and health care research and policies organizations and agencies.
14. Assist in the preparation of publications and reports, provide editing services, and advise on type- setting, layout and graphic design.
– Minimum of a degree in Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent web based information technology (IT) skills training and communications experience.
– Minimum of 3-5 years relevant Communications/Media experience as per above education – Proficiency with MSword, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook – Knowledge of virtual team collaboration tools such as SHAREPOINT as well as Adobe Acrobat
Professional and html website coding software is an asset – French proficiency (reading or writing or both) is an asset
– Exceptional attention to detail – Strong ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks from several projects both short term and
strategic – Superior interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) – Effective problem solving and decision making skills – Ability to work with minimal supervision and enjoys working in a team environment – Ability to be versatile and adaptable to acquire new skills as needed – Ability to maintain confidentiality – Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in dealing with members of the CFPC and members of the public
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter
to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on January 3, 2011.