This is a permanent full-time position at the CFPC national office.
As part of the Communications & Publications team, the Writer/Editor will act as a resource for all College departments in producing flawless written communications. The successful candidate will also support the CFPC’s web communications, news publications, media relations, and special events.
• Assist all College departments in the writing and editing of reports, announcements, policy papers and other written communications
• Write news stories and reports on College and Chapter activities for Canadian Family Physician, the website, and other news products
• Work with the FMF Manager on the planning and promotion of the annual Family Medicine Forum (FMF) educational event and conference, and coordinate the website communication of FMF materials
• Work with the Manager, FMF and the Graphic Design team to coordinate the production of the FMF programs online and in print
• Coordinate social media initiatives as appropriate with department reps and the website coordinator
• Support the planning, organization and implementation of CFPC events such as Family Doctor Week in Canada, Family Physicians of the Year, Leaders’ Forum and news conferences/webcasts; and other duties as required
• A high level of English language grammar, proofreading and copy editing skills • Proven ability to write effective copy for various media • Certification from the Editor’s Association of Canada, or the willingness to obtain it • A university or college degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience • Demonstrated ability to communicate with various audiences, including the public, College members, the media, and internal and external stakeholders • Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work to deadlines • Ability to work independently as well as with a team • Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is a strong asset
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter
to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on January 10th, 2011.