Main Square Daycare Centre is a community based not-for-profit organization serving east end Toronto families for over 40 years. The Centre is a licensed facility and accepts children from ages 18 months old up to 12 years old.
We are seeking part time Administrator to support the centre Director, staff and board of directors. The position is 3 hours per day, 5 days a week and based at Main & Danforth close to both the TTC and GO train.
This incumbent will be responsible for providing administration support to the Main Square Daycare Centre Director, Staff and Volunteer Board of Directors. The Administrator will report to the Director.
- Provide support with accounting, payroll, reports and grants and subsidy submissions
- File management and assistance with document storage
- Update and create and format documents such as program plan templates and web content
- Ensure classroom documentation is complete and current
- Assist with communications including daycare newsletter, parent communication and staff correspondence.
- Maintain accurate email distribution lists
- Research on changing daycare related legislation and regulations
- Prepare documents and information in preparation for regular inspections and meetings
- Mail and deliveries management
- Respond to initial customer inquiries by phone
- Office management of supplies and templates
- Data entry including but not limited to attendance, budgets, reports
- Assist Director, staff and volunteer board of directors with various administrative requirements
- High level of proficiency with current technology including MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with basic graphic design
- Experience using Sage is an asset
- Experience with web content is an asset
- Prior experience in a similar administrative role
- Experience in a not-for-profit agency would be an asset
- An ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods
- Possesses a proactive attitude and sense of ownership over work
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills
- A strong work ethic and proactive nature is important
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A skilled communicator, both verbally and written
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you were referred to the position by Beth of CareerFit Mom.