The Danforth Mosaic BIA is hiring a full-time Coordinator to provide a range of administrative
and project management support to the Board of Management. Our business association, Danforth Mosaic BIA, is a weave of people, places and ideas. We are proud to be home to over 500 businesses from Jones to Westlake along the Danforth. The
successful candidate should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a passion for small business development.
Applicants should describe their relationship to the area and explain in the cover letter why they want to be involved.
• Maintaining and updating database and directory
• Preparing, submitting and following up on all city-related permits and paperwork
• Monitor e-mail and phone messages and reply accordingly
• Accurate maintenance of BIA files and records
• Coordinate with bookkeeper to prepare monthly statements
• Schedule meetings, prepare agendas with Board/ Chair and contact all required
members to attend
• Record minutes
• Prepare and distribute committee minutes or notes, follow-up on issues as required;
• Coordinate and help run the Annual General Meeting
• Make all required physical arrangements including refreshments, seating, etc.
• Update BIA website and facilitate social media activities as directed by Marketing
• Prepare, produce and distribute member newsletters as directed by the Board and in
coordination with the Marketing Committee
• Regular communications with BIA members via site visits throughout the year
• Draft materials for distribution to the local community through appropriate media (doorto-
door, local newspaper, web, etc.) in coordination with Marketing Committee
• Liaising with federal, provincial and municipal government representatives, City of
Toronto officials and community representatives
• Attend TABIA Interdepartmental Meetings on a monthly basis and liaise with TABIA
office as appropriate
• Preparation of press releases and other media materials
• Prepare and administer necessary documentation in accordance with the City’s Capital
Cost Sharing Program when appropriate
Maintenance and Repairs
• Monitor all streetscape programs and permits as directed by the Board
• Monitor public works and related activities (sidewalk repair, hydro infrastructure projects,
other physical repairs/improvements) in the BIA; and
• Explore potential area revitalization projects
• Co-ordination of community events as directed by the BIA. (These events may require
additional responsibilities leading up to the event in addition to on-site supervision on the
day of the event)
• Obtain permits and able to perform event planning
• Ensure BIA projects include activities that will promote all businesses
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Motivated, organized and ability to concurrently manage projects and initiatives;
• Strong computer skills;
• Working knowledge of BIAs and/or other municipal organizations is also an asset
• Problem solver.
Compensation: To be determined based on skills and experience.
Candidates please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to: Melanie Ferreira
(Chair) at email@example.com by November 29th, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.