Join the Human Resources / Operations function of Boston Consulting Group in this exciting 12 month contract based in Toronto. A great role for a mom who’s looking to return to the workforce and who ideally has some experience in consulting.
Under general direction of the Office Coordinator (OC), and Office Administrator (OA), you are primarily responsible for the management of staffing, Career & Principal Development Committees, Training , Recruiting and office agendas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather information from BCG Canada partners and principals regarding sales development efforts, upcoming projects and expected staffing requirements.
- Work with management team to balance staffing needs with developmental needs and available capacity
- Coordinate with Finance team to ensure accurate tracking, reporting, and forecasting.
- Execute consulting staffing decisions. Assign consulting staff to support projects, and work with Staffing Coordinator to assign resources for proposal and business development work.
- Act as one point of contact for staff. Meet with them to understand their goals and discuss upcoming projects and pipeline and communicate any staffing decisions made.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Regional and GLC staffers to assess regional staffing opportunities for Canadian consultants and to communicate staffing needs in Canada that cannot be filled locally
- Respond to staffing requests from other offices and coordinate with other staffers in the region and globally when Canadian staffed on cross-office assignments
- Conduct global searches to help principals and partners identify consulting staff with specific expertise as required
- Reinforce CD messages through Staffing discussions, linking the two functions
- Manage Staffing Coordinator, providing guidance on day-to-day decisions and overall development
Career Development Committee (CDC) and Principal Development Committee (PDC)
- Work closely with CDC and PDC Chairs to manage CDC processes
- Manage CD Coordinator, providing guidance on day-to-day decisions and overall development
- Lead creation of agenda and materials for all meetings
- Conduct analysis on key issues to be presented to CD Committee
- Create minutes for communication following all CDC and PDC meetings to communicate decisions with the Canada Partner group
- Assist with Transition support Reinforce CD messages through Staffing discussions, linking the two functions
- Manage year-end bonus process for Consulting staff
- Work closely with the Training Partner and Principal, and other GLC training team members, to manage training for the Consulting Team
- Manage Training Coordinator, providing guidance on Canadian training agenda and helping with escalation of training issues as needed
- Assist with management of individual coaching programs
- Provide link between Training and Career Development
- Along with the Recruiting Partner, mange Recruiting Coordinator, provide thought partnership on day-to-day operations and recruiting strategy
- For all direct reports, complete all formal annual feedback activities (including goal setting, mid-year feedback, and year-end feedback) and develop individual development plans, as appropriate
- Maintain regular touch points at appropriate cadence to help provide guidance and informal feedback
- Work closely with OC on special projects and office initiatives
- Including but not limited to Partner meeting agendas, OP meeting agendas, office update agendas, offsites, cohort meetings and strategic planning
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates must possess a high degree of professionalism, strong business communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, demonstrate ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently towards deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Degree level, or Masters, ideally in Business or Human Resources-related field
• Strong leadership profile, demonstrating self-confidence and enthusiasm
• Excellent people management skills; ability to provide honest feedback and support in the development of employees’ capabilities; ability to resolve problems that affect employee performance
• BCG experience and familiarity strongly preferred
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to analyze information and present data in a meaningful way
• Work with a sense of urgency in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment with frequent interruptions
• Handles difficult and/or stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to strict, firm-wide standards and guidelines
• Exceptional organization and problem solving skills; thinks “outside of the box”
• Outstanding customer service orientation
• Positive, self-starting attitude
• Able to work both in teams and independently
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines and apply judgment in keeping with BCG’s values and culture
• Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is beneficial
• Some travel may be required
Send your CV/resume and a cover letter to TORResumes@bcg.com
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer