Klick is a full-service digital agency that specializes in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector.
Office Location: 175 Bloor Street East, North Tower, 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3R8
Reports to: Editorial Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent (in-house)
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Pay range: To be negotiated
Roles and Accountabilities:
- editing, proofreading, fact checking, referencing, and formatting consumer- and healthcare professional-directed content for websites on health- and wellness-related topics; reviewing copy for comprehension and flow
- following established procedures/guidelines to ensure work quality
- coordinating and preparing submissions for regulatory reviews
- liaising effectively with internal team members (e.g., project managers, designers, developers), freelancers, and whenever necessary with clients
- creating copy decks and maintaining general editorial housekeeping
- performing other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- 5+ years of industry experience
- impeccable English, attention to detail, and communication skills
- a degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in life sciences or healthcare
- demonstrates editing, fact checking, and proofreading skills
- experience working with established style guidelines (e.g., AMA, CMA), Health Canada/FDA guidelines, and healthcare regulatory bodies
- familiarity with FDA regulations on pharmaceutical advertising
- proficiency in using Microsoft Office software applications (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ability to prioritize and manage several projects in a multi-team environment
- working knowledge and/or proficiency in HTML and use of programs such as Dreamweaver
- fluency in French
Send your resume and two samples from your editorial portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Medical Editor: [Your name]”
About Klick, Inc.:
With a focus on measurable results, Klick’s talented subject matter experts create and execute data-driven digital strategies that maximize our clients’ online investments. Klick’s technical team has custom built and managed complex web-based applications to meet a variety of business needs. The team’s years of experience has resulted in a unique understanding of proven strategies at all stages of a company or brand’s lifecycle and how to deliver innovative and effective programs within a sensitive regulatory environment. Since 1997 Klick has offered custom end-to-end digital solutions to meet a variety of client needs, including strategy, experience design, technology, media, and learning solutions. Specifically, Klick’s technical team has built web-based applications that deliver results in marketing, training, customer service, finance, HR, and e-commerce, among others.
Klick a winner of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies program (sponsored by Deloitte, CIBC Commercial Banking, National Post, and Queen’s School of Business) and 50 Best Small & Medium Employers (per Hewitt Associates, Queen’s School of Business, Report on Business and PROFIT Magazine) . Klick was ranked one of the fastest growing companies in 2009 on Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50 in Canada and Fast 500 in North America and Profit Magazine’s list as well. Klick was recognized as a “Mover and Shaker” by Branham Group in 2008 and was also #6 on the Top 10 Healthcare IT Companies Branham list.
Thank you for your interest and application for this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date posted: June 1, 2011
Application review will begin in the second week of June, 2011. This posting will be open until the position is filled.