Position Type: Full Time, Salaried
Location: Toronto – Liberty Village
Start Date: April 2011
Artscape is currently seeking a qualified individual as Program Manager, Knowledge Exchange, to contribute to the planning, coordination, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the Knowledge Exchange Department’s programs and activities.
Artscape is a not-for-profit organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Artscape projects provide affordable space for creativity while generating positive cultural, economic, social and environmental impacts. Since its inception in 1986, Artscape has transformed a portfolio of underutilized buildings across Toronto into dynamic community assets that serve to enable innovation and creativity, including the award-winning Artscape Wychwood Barns and multi-tenant arts facilities in the Queen Street West, Liberty Village, Toronto Island and Distillery Historic District neighbourhoods. Collectively, Artscape manages 10 buildings for 863 artist and cultural worker tenants and owners in 417,000 square feet of space.
Artscape is currently developing Artscape Shaw Street Centre, a 75,000 square foot creative convergence centre for artists and arts, community and social mission organizations in the West Queen West neighbourhood, and Regent Park Arts & Cultural Centre, a 60,000 square foot new-build project located in the heart of the Regent Park community revitalization project.
While Artscape’s development work is focused in Toronto, it shares its expertise with communities across Canada and internationally through its Knowledge Exchange program. Artscape’s Knowledge Exchange Program delivers tools, expands thinking and inspires action in communities large and small through a suite of continuing and new programs, including:
- Mentorship and Coaching Program
- Research and Development
- Online Tools and Resources
- Spacemaking and Placemaking Workshops
- Creative Places + Spaces Conference Series
The department also makes a significant contribution to researching and undertaking pre-project development and planning activities for many of Artscape’s planned future projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director, Knowledge Exchange, the Program Manager:
- Contributes to the day to day coordination, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the Knowledge Exchange Department’s programs and activities
- Is responsible for managing, updating and enhancing departmental records, resources and materials
- Is responsible for the coordination, delivery and evaluation of Artscape’s workshop program and contributes to program development
- Is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Artscape’s Mentorship and Coaching Program including client liaison, itinerary development, evaluation and contributes to market development
- Project manages special projects under development by the department, as required
- Plans and coordinates public meetings, focus groups, consultations and other public activities undertaken by the Knowledge Exchange Department
- Contributes to the development of funding applications and the production of funding reports as required to support departmental activities
- Supports the research, market testing and pre-development work of the department including project coordination, report and presentation design and formatting, maintaining orderly records etc.
- Is the first point of contact for general inquiries to the department
- Contributes to project and program development
- Liaises with and contributes to cross departmental project teams as required
- Education? – At minimum, a first degree in a relevant discipline, ideally related to the arts, culture and creative industries ,economic development or urban planning
- Language – ?Fluent in English (written and spoken). French is desirable. Other languages would be considered an asset
- A minimum of three years working within the arts, cultural and creative industries; municipal cultural or urban planning, or economic development particularly in relation to the culture and/or creative sectors in a project management and /or administrative capacity
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordination
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Has knowledge about, and passion for, the intersection of culture, community building, economic development and urban regeneration from an international perspective
- Experience and confidence in working with online tools and resources
- Experience in events management and/or knowledge management or transfer is an asset
- Technical Skills? Essential: Fully confident in the use of Microsoft Office Professional applications, with a sophisticated understanding of and ability to work in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Manager.?Desirable: Ability in ARCGIS software, Database management and best practices (Raiser’s Edge or other), InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, film editing (Premiere or other), web-based CMS and/or HTML, social media tools (Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/YouTube)
- A generalist and a fast learner
- Proven excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and possesses an intellectual grasp and capacity for critical thinking
- Focused on results – A sense of urgency, self motivated, and a disciplined doer
- A confident and personable communicator
- A multi-tasker – Able to juggle multiple priorities
- A learner – Always keen to expand their skills and knowledge
- A driving licence is desirable but not essential
- From time to time, the post holder will be required to travel and must be able to spend nights away if required
Deadline for Applications: February 21, 2011 by 3:00pm
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience. Artscape offers an employee health benefit package.
TO APPLY: Please respond with a cover letter (maximum one page) summarising your skills, qualifications and experience; a personal statement (maximum three pages) including at least two examples of complex projects you have managed from initiation to completion and explain what you learned from these experiences; and a resume (maximum two pages). In addition, please provide detailed contact information for three professional references.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail, courier or email only and should be forwarded to:?Attention: Human Resources, Program Manager, Knowledge Exchange Submission?Artscape?Suite 224, 171 East Liberty Street?Toronto, ON M6K 3P6email@example.com
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.