Keeping track of the change – for Social Change
Position Type: Full time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Centre for Social Innovation
The Centre for Social Innovation is a nonprofit organization with a mission to spark, connect and support new ideas that are making positive change in the world. We do this by providing shared space and services to over 300 social mission groups, acting as a community centre for social innovators, and helping to launch new entrepreneurial and collaborative projects.
About the Centre for Social Innovation’s Bookkeeper
We are looking for someone who is interested in doing much more than posting debits and credits; we are looking for someone who loves challenges and who is excited to be part of a fun and inspiring community!
The ideal candidate will also be excited about helping CSI’s financial system grow. In May 2010, CSI purchased a building and we are scaling our financial systems to manage our doubling budget and increasingly complex areas of responsibility. We currently have 300 amazing tenants and will have over 400 tenants within the next year. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who has initiative and likes new challenges.
The Bookkeeper will manage multiple sets of books for CSI: one set for CSI’s main operations and programs for two buildings, and several other sets for smaller entities.
This position will be based from our gorgeous offices located at 215 Spadina Avenue, and will report to the Director of Finance.
The responsibilities for the full-charge bookkeeper we are seeking include:
- AR, AP, PR, and GL
- Prepare government remittances and filings
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Prepare all information required for the annual external audit, including the year- end financial statements and supporting working papers
- Providing excellent customer service to all our members and community
- Other financial duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years in a full-charge bookkeeper role
- Worked with non-profit organizations or charities
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm and energy
- High level of proficiency with Quickbooks, MS Excel, and the Internet
- Sound judgment, and comfort working autonomously
- A low-stress attitude and a sense of humour (essential in our complex environment)
- Familiarity with, and keen interest in, Toronto’s social mission sector
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Submit your cover letter and resume by email or by post by Sunday February 20, 2011 to:
Karine Jaouich Director of Operations Centre for Social Innovation 215 Spadina Ave, Suite 120 Toronto, ON M5T 2C7 email@example.com
For more information about the Centre for Social Innovation visit: www.socialinnovation.ca