Pueblito Canada is an international development agency dedicated to improving the lives of children in Latin America. For almost 35 years Pueblito has been helping the youngsters of Latin America by strengthening communities, safe-guarding rights, and providing the essentials for education, nutrition, and health. Working in partnership with local non-governmental organizations, Pueblito provides capacity building and financial assistance to develop culturally appropriate, innovative programs that benefit children and youth directly. Our programs involve and mobilize the family and community to ensure sustainability.
Position type: Part-time, 12-month contract
· Deadline: February 13th 2011 at 5:00 pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the week of February 28th 2011.
· Submit a cover letter (1 page) and resume as one .pdf or .doc document
· Application filename should read: firstname lastname – Fundraising Coordinator.pdf
· Submit electronically only by the deadline to email@example.com
· Please do not phone or visit the Pueblito offices
· Pueblito Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
· You will receive a confirmation email that your application was received. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
• Create calendar of events for fundraising activities
· Work with the fundraising committee to determine fundraising goals
• Work with the fundraising committee to determine a fundraising strategy for 2011
• Research new funding possibilities as time permits
• Coordinate the implementation of the 2011 Fundraising Plan in conjunction with the fundraising committee
• Coordinate a schedule of outreach presentations to universities and churches
• Conduct outreach presentations using existing presentation to universities, and churches
• Work with the Program Director to reach out to Canadian supporters
• Conduct research about current and prospective donor demographics
• Determine and coordinate a social media outreach campaign (twitter, blog, facebook, etc.)
• Update website as needed
Volunteer and Intern Management
• Write job descriptions for interns and volunteers according to tasks necessary to fulfil fundraising plan goals
• Promote volunteer and internship possibilities with Pueblito
• Seek out opportunities to acquire interns and volunteers
• Coordinate activities of interns and volunteers
• Ensure mentors are available to interns
• Fulfil monitoring and evaluation requirements for internship programs
• Work with the Program Director to ensure that human resource requirements are met to reach fundraising goals
· Completed or working towards a post-secondary degree in social science, communications, fund raising management, non-profit management or equivalent
· Some experience in a non-profit, agency, government or corporate environment.
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy including strong proofreading skills
· Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines and priorities.
· Experience working with social media, including engagement with online communities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Understanding and familiarity with international development an asset
· Professional, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision
This position is part-time (15 hrs/week) at $17/hour. This is a 12-month contract.