…I just love how this posting is written! Sounds like a super laid back, fun and invigorating place to work! – Beth
Position Type: Full and Part-time Positions available
Salary: $32,000 FTE
Is it possible to find fun-loving and anal- retentive, detail oriented and big picture inspired in the same person? We’re counting on it!
About the Centre for Social Innovation
The Centre for Social innovation catalyzes and supports social innovation in Toronto and around the world. We create community workspaces, incubate emerging enterprises, and develop new models and methods with world-changing potential.
We currently operate two workspaces: one at 215 Spadina Avenue and one at 720 Bathurst Street. Our spaces are home to over 250 projects and organizations dedicated to making a brighter future!
About CSI’s Community Host & Animator
The community animator is part host, part office manager, part receptionist, part triage nurse, part executive assistant, part social networker and full-time agent for change!!
We seek an extraordinary individual who brings solid communication skills, superior organizational skills, strong customer-service orientation and a positive attitude to a demanding and dynamic work environment. The Community Hosts and Animators will work closely with the Lead Community Animators and will be responsible for handling the day-to-day reception, administration and coordination of our Spadina and Annex offices.
The Work Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations to ensure that the tenants and visitors are happy
- Act as reception and provide front-line communications with those interested in the work of the Centre
- Handle event inquiries– act as event mid-wife to those wanting to host events at CSI
- Help facilitate various events as required
- Handle internal communications and email lists
- Resolve and solve problems constantly and manage everything at once
- Fill coffee, empty dishwashers and clean up spills
- Provide hospitality service to our tenants and guests
- Provide administrative and technology support as required
- Provide administrative support to the Lead Community Animators in each building
- Handle meeting room booking
- Trouble-shoot technical and administrative (and interpersonal!) problems
- Communicate in person and via e-mail in a friendly and clear way
- Ensure that all of the shared amenities and equipment are operating
- Coordinate and work with the building staff and owner
- Set up boardrooms as needed (it can get physical)
- Help us modify and set-up our operational infrastructure!
The Fun Responsibilities:
- Connecting people and ideas
- Brightening people’s days
- Building social networks
- Capturing and telling stories
- Creating a culture of openness and sharing
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Some writing and social media skills
- Some event organizing/ coordination experience
- People skills and sensitivity to people’s needs
- Capacity to handle a million things
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Sound judgment and comfort working autonomously
- A low-stress attitude in a complex environment
- Familiarity with –- and keen interest in -– Toronto’s social mission sector
- Willingness to do whatever it takes…… Zero attitude!!
You must also have a great sense of humour –- seriously, you will need a great sense of humour because inevitably something will go wrong.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be part of something incredible, meeting tons of amazing people and applying your skills to positive social change in Toronto.
We are seeking someone who recognizes the value of this role and understands how convening community contributes to social change!
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Submit your cover letter and resume by email by Monday, January 10th, 2011 to: Grace Yogaretnam, Exec. Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.