Job Opportunity: Communication Manager AKA: Evangelist for Social Innovation
Position Type: Full-time (optional 4 day/week schedule)
Salary: Commensurate with experience Start Date: October 1, 2010
About the Centre for Social Innovation
The Centre for Social Innovation sparks and supports new ideas that are changing the world. We do this by providing shared space and shared services to over 200 social mission groups and by helping to launch new entrepreneurial and collaborative projects.
About the Centre for Social Innovation’s Communication Manager
The Communication Manager is a wizard of words, a communication strategist and the shameless promoter of all things CSI. Equally comfortable devising a marketing strategy and writing communication materials, this person will tell our story, engage our growing community and position CSI as a hub of social innovation in Toronto and around the world.
We seek an extraordinary individual who brings solid communication skills, marketing savvy, and a sense of style and creativity to the job.
How do you know if you are right for the job?
- Are you equally capable at macro (strategy) and micro (implementation) levels?
- Are you crazy creative?
- Do you get the Centre for Social Innovation and our unique approach and tone?
- Are you a great storyteller?
- Do you have vision?
- Are you quick, efficient, productive?
- Can you independently and constructively move projects forward?
- Are you passionate about social change?
We want to work with fun, engaged and professional people who take tremendous pride in their work and want to make social change too…. is this you?
Practically, the Work Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all communication from CSI is consistent, engaging, polished and insightful
- Develop and implement our marketing and communications strategies
- Write email campaigns, newsletters, blogs and stories as part of the overall CS communication strategy;
- Drive the marketing of our services
- Work with media to promote CSI
- Be the primary liaison with designers and technical expertise to ensure our materials rock
The Fun Responsibilities:
- Connect people and ideas
- Build social networks
- Capture and tell stories
- Inspire social change
- Share the dynamism of CSI with the rest of the world!
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience developing and implementing communication and marketing strategies in the for-profit or nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fascination with – and insight into – the processes of social change
- Keen eye for design and layout
- Capacity to handle a million things
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Sound judgment and comfort working autonomously
- A low-stress attitude in a complex environment
- Familiarity with and keen interest in Toronto’s social mission sector
- Willingness to do whatever it takes – Zero attitude!!
- You must also have a great sense of humour – seriously, you will need a great sense of humour because inevitably something will go wrong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Submit your application by email or by post by end of day Tuesday, August 31, 2010 to:
Mojan Jianfar Executive Assistant & Community Animator
Centre for Social Innovation
215 Spadina Ave, Suite 120
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
For more information about the Centre for Social Innovation visit: www.socialinnovation.ca.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview in mid-September.