Resistance Tubing Full Body Workout
No time for muscle conditioning workouts? You can achieve great, quick results with a resistance tube! This workout includes “multi-tasking” moves that hit multiple muscle groups at once, saving you time but maximizing calorie burn and building lean mass. Need a tube – check out the Smart Toner I use with my clients!
- Warm-up for 5 minutes before starting the workout.
- Do 10-15 reps of each move. To make it easier: drop the tube as you get tired and finish moves without resistance. To make it harder: tighten resistance on the tube, controlled by stretching it between hands/feet. Add pulses & isometric holds.
- Cool down and stretch for 5 minutes at the end of the workout.
- Always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise program.
Squats: works legs & butt
- Stand on middle of tube, feet hip width apart. Grasp handles
- Bend knees as you push butt back (as if sitting in a chair)
- As you return to standing, push R leg out to the side (foot flexed, push through heel). Alternate R & L side legs. Try glute squeezes as you stand up too
Lunges w/ Bicep Curls: works legs, butt, arms
- Stand on middle of tube in a lunge position, R leg front.
- Lower into a lunge and grasping handles, lift arms into a bicep curl. Release curl as you come up. Pulses!
Inner Thigh (Plié) Squats w/ Scapula Squeeze: works legs, upper back, shoulders
- Wrap tube around from front, then cross at your back and grasp handles in each hand
- Wide legged stance, pushing knees to back wall, lower into a squat
- As you lower with legs, push arms straight out to the sides. As you straighten your knees, squeeze your shoulder blades together, bringing your arms in towards your body
Hamstring Curls & Balance Challenge: works back of the legs, core
- Put one handle through the other handle to make a loop with the tube
- Step into the loop with your R foot; tighten the loop slightly around your ankle. Step on the band with your L foot about 30 cm. from your ankle
- Lift your R leg behind, squeezing glutes and extending from the hip. Balance on the L leg!
- Lift your R foot towards your bum as you flex & extend your hamstring. Stand upright, keeping abs tight. Switch sides
Tricep Press & Balance Challenge: works back of the arm, core, legs
- Holding both handles, balancing on L leg, place middle of tube on top of R foot as it extends behind you (like ham curl)
- Arms push up to beside your head; lower forearms behind as you stabilize upper arms beside your ears
- Don’t forget to switch legs on 2nd set
Shoulder Shimmy: works deltoids, rotator cuff
- Stand on middle of band, holding both handles, R arm 90 degree angle
- Lift R arm laterally, aligning with shoulders
- Rotate R arm up, so hand is near ear (goal post arms)
- Lift R arm into an overhead press. *12 reps of each of the 3 moves
“Chesty” Chicks: works pectorals, shoulders
- Wrap tube around you from front & cross at back, grasping handles
- Start on knees in upright position
- Arms 90 degrees (goal post), bring elbows towards midline of body (fly)
- Lower hands to shoulder height for, push/extend arms forwards (press)
- Lower body to push-up position. *12 reps of each of the 3 moves
Superwoman: works upper back, shoulders
- Lie on belly, put tube under belly; holding handles extend arms to side
- Lift chest off floor, keeping head in neutral alignment
- Push arms up overhead; hovering a few inches off the ground
- Release, squeezing shoulder blades together
Leg & Opposite Arm Extension: works core, shoulders, legs
- Put foot through tube handle while sitting on floor first
- Position self on hands & knees on floor
- Extend leg with tube around foot, hold onto opposite handle with opposite arm. Wrap around hand a few times for more resistance
- Extend leg out behind while pushing arm forward in front, keeping hips squared and body aligned in a flat table top position
- Switch sides
Abs – tube around feet
- Push legs out, keep as low to floor as possible
- As you bring your knees into chest, lift torso into a crunch